The movement for marriage equality has reached a crucial moment. Public pressure on the government is mounting daily, and politicians from both major parties are pushing for a bill. What we do over the next few weeks is vital to making equality a reality.
We are holding an exciting event, broadcast live on Twitter, to unite women across the country to tell our politicians how important marriage equality is to us. When we come together our voices are strong, and we create change.
- Auntie Millie Ingram, Community Elder
- Professor Kerryn Phelps, longtime marriage equality activist
- Lisa Campbell, Producer, and wife to David Campbell, who wants their children to live in a fair and equal society
- Dr Shirleene Robinson, Board Director of Australian Marriage Equality, and historian of gay and lesbian Australia
- Sue Smith, a mother of a gay son who wants her son to be treated as equal under Australian law.